Saturday, November 23, 2013

Our Team Inspiration

From our Team's Donation Page on Oct 25, 2013 
Relentless 4 Raegan

Team “Relentless 4 Raegan” is training for the New Jersey Marathon Series Half Marathon on April 27, 2014. We are running to honor Raegan, a 1-year-old undergoing chemotherapy for a disease similar to leukemia, and treated like Leukemia. Watching my friend, Samantha, watch her baby girl undergo treatment is heart wrenching and I wanted to do something to help her. I knew she needed to start taking care of herself to manage her stress levels so I challenged her to run with me. Our Team is inspired by Sam’s ability to take everything in stride and keep her head about her through all of these challenges and her commitment to take care of herself so she can better care for her daughter.

We are inspired by a recently deceased friend, who was relentless in her fight with cancer. Karen didn’t give up and her courage inspires me on every run.

As the Team Captain, I am inspired by the amazing people on my team who have taken my challenge and are rising to it, some of them a little bit trepidatiously, but rising nonetheless! I am excited to see these folks conquer amazing fitness goals as well as fundraising goals together.

Are you inspired yet? If so, please donate to help our team reach our goal which will help find cures and more effective treatment for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I am asking our friends and family to consider two donation options:
  • 1) Commit to a set dollar amount per mile we will be running on race day (so $10 per mile would be $131) OR
  • 2) Commit to a set dollar amount per mile we run while training (Perhaps $1 per mile)-our team members will keep you up to date on their training and let you know each week what the week’s totals were so that you can make your donation. What an amazing way to keep us encouraged as we train through the winter!

Thank you for your support!
Jean Kleber
Captain, Relentless 4 Raegan

No comments:

Post a Comment